Our mind is like a sponge. It has filters but unless we are aware of them and fine tune them to our specific needs and wants they will just absorb anything and everything through our senses.
During the process of waking up we become more aware of what helps us and what doesn’t so we can make conscious decisions about what roads to take. Turning off your phone and computer some times will greatly reduce the stress on the mind of always being busy.
Taking care of the Mind:
- Regular sleep
- Reading books
- Studying new topics
- Good, positive conversations aka, real interactions
We know that many things are not healthy but they are like addictions that would be better if we discontinue them.
Some examples of things to avoid:
- Alcohol, tobacco, sugar, caffeine/energy drinks and fat
- Sick people
- Negative people, places and situations
- Reading or listening to “news”
- Wifi and other radio/electricity waves
- Always being online (turn off phone/pc/laptop/tablet)
- Repeating negativity from others
6 Health benefits from a stable and calm mind
- Reduced anxiety and happier moods
- Reduced risk of depression
- Reduced feelings of stress
- A greater sense of calm
- Clearer thinking
- Increased self-esteem