Sharing your life with your (same sex) partner can be wonderful.
Many times partners feel neglected, left out or even abandoned because the other does not share! It is not about checking up on your partner but about sharing what is happening. Are you interested in having a more fulfilling life with your partner?
When one person interacts with another person or other people there will be miscommunication! When you become more aware of your own verbal and non-verbal communication you will become more aware of where miscommunication might start and thus giving you an entry point to improve communication. Communication is not just about you interacting with others but actually more about your communication with yourself. When the communication with yourself is more clear and precise so will your communication with others.
Some examples of what will help improve your marriage or relationship.
- Verbal and Non-verbal communication – It is not only about what we say but also about what we do! What message are we conveying with our body language?
- Assumptions are catastrophic for improving communication and resolving issues! The only assumption you should have is that YOU DON’T KNOW what the other is saying! We think we do but in reality we have no clue! Make sure you are on the same page!
- Common dreams/goals – are you sure you have at least similar dreams and goals in life? Are you at least wanting to go in the same direction? If one prefers to live in the arctic and the other in a tropical climate you may have a big problem.
- Short/mid and long terms goals – Yes you love each other which is great but is the path you feel is right for you really alongside your partners? Or is it miles away and you only intersect once in a while?
- How to raise children – If you have children already, do you actually talk about how you want to raise the child(ren)? Or do you just leave it up to the other partner? If you don’t have children yet, be realistic about how it will change your life and talk about how you want to raise them BEFORE someone is pregnant!
- Talk talk talk – Does not mean just filling the air with noise or flapping your gums but it does mean sharing. Share your feelings, emotions, concerns and also you joys and happy moments! Share your life with your partner! Many times partners feel neglected, left out or even abandoned because the other does not share! It is not about checking up on your partner but about sharing what is happening. If you don’t share your life, your partner at some point WILL feel you are doing something they don’t like! Whether that is actually true or not! Think about that! Avoiding problems is ALWAYS better then ignoring or fixing them!